What is AR/VR/MR/XR?
Augmented Reality (AR)can be described as experiencing the real world with an overlay of computer-generated digital information. AR takes your view of the real world and adds information on top of it.
Mixed Reality (MR)lets the user see the real world while also seeing believable virtual objects. Virtual objects are anchored to a point in real space and making it possible to interact with the digital objects. Examples of MR headsets are the HoloLens and the Magic Leap One.
Virtual Reality (VR)immerses a user in an entirely simulated environment that shuts out the physical world. Using VR devices such as HTC Vive, Oculus Rift or Google Cardboard, users can observe the artificial world, move around in it, and interact with virtual features or items.0
Extended Reality (XR)is an all-encompassing term that includes augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and mixed reality (MR) technologies.
So how does this work? Let's try it out
Now, consider the uses
- 3D version of your product in consumers hands anywhere - anytime
- Drop your product in-front of your target audience
- Animate to display features of the product
- Expand your product to show the internal working of it
- Feature and display additional products that work with yours
- Drive consumers to directly purchase online
- Product demos
- Bring your booth to life
- Sales tool for customer engagement
- Full AR selling cycle
- MR / portal
- Sharable experience to extend a campaign
- Social content play to drive online traffic
- Creative and fun way for consumers to engage and promote your brand
- Bring the printed page to life
- Have your best salesperson appear on the piece
- Embed videos
- Have products appear in 3D
- Drive customers form the experience to purchase online
- Navigation at an outdoor event
- Scavenger hunt
- Find your retail location
- Bring users places they otherwise couldn’t be
- Show them your facility, office, residence rooms etc.
- Layer in additional content
- Drive them to your site
- Recruitment materials
- Recruitment events
- On campus tours
- Teaching aid
- Fun and engaging
- Extend your brand through gameplay
- Create product awareness through gameplay
- Customer based rewards
Curious? Let's book a call!
At First Descent we wish to provide effective and update-to-date electronic information to our clients regarding various issues impacting you and/or your business including the latest developments, products, publications, announcements, advertisements, services, newsletters, surveys, upcoming events and other communications of any sort from First Descent (and any successors and assigns of First Descent) for the purpose of establishing, continuing, developing and managing our relationship with you and providing you our best services.
If you wish to receive information from First Descent relevant to you and/or your organization going forward, please provide your consent to us by checking the box below.